Remo Repair PST is an excellent tool to repair large PST files.
A Personal Storage Table (PST) is a file format that stores copies of your emails, contacts, addresses, tasks, to do lists, appointments and so on. It stores the user’s data for POP3, IMAP, and web-based mail accounts.
PST files can also be used to backup items from any type of email account. You have the option of importing emails, calendar, contact, and other tasks from another PST file.
One of the drawbacks of the PST file is its size limit. Earlier versions of Outlook (Outlook 2000, 2002) had a PST file size limit of 2 GB. For later versions such as Outlook 2003, 2007, it is 20 GB. For Outlook 2010, 2016 versions, size limit has been extended to 50 GB.
Now these large sized PST files are prone to corruption and can result in loss of data. You cannot perform basic operations like opening an email, copying folders, downloading email attachments at a normal pace due to oversized PST files.
Here are some problems you might face with large PST files:
- Unable to synchronize mailboxes when sending or receiving emails through a specific email account in Outlook.
- “The file filename.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, then permanently delete them.”
- “Filename.pst cannot be accessed – 0x80040116” happens once your PST files become corrupted due to large size.
Using Remo Repair Outlook
Microsoft inbuilt tool scanpst.exe cannot solve large PST file issue. You can easily repair pst file larger than 2 GB using Remo Repair Outlook software.
The software works by extracting all the contents from your corrupt PST file, creates a new healthy file by fixing all the errors. Hence, your original PST file is not affected in the process.
If your large PST file is password protected, Remo Repair Outlook can still repair it. Irrespective of the Outlook edition that was used to create the file, Remo Repair PST can repair PST files right from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2016.
Once the repair process is complete, you can view the file using Preview option.
You can also recover deleted folder in Outlook using Remo Repair Outlook software.
Just download the software and follow simple instructions to successfully repair your PST file.
How to avoid PST oversizing issue
- Delete unnecessary emails, attachments from your PST files.
- Organize similar kind of information in different folders so that you can prevent large data loss.
- Have backups of your PST files. The lost data can then be recovered using these backups.